Sweetwater City Schools Child Nutrition Program will provide free breakfast and lunch to children, ages 1 through 18 years old. Breakfast and lunch will be served daily at Sweetwater Junior High School, and lunch will be served at several other area locations.
Schools, churches, recreation centers, playgrounds, parks and camps can provide summer meals in neighborhoods with high percentages of low-income families, making a positive impact on the lives of hungry children. These summer food sites are safe and familiar locations where children naturally gather during the summer. The sites will always have an adult supervisor at the sites while the children are eating.
Sweetwater City Schools has served breakfast and lunch for several years. There will be different locations during the summer months of June and July, where a child can receive a lunch.
There will be feeding sites at Valley Trailer Park, Crestview Apartments, Sweetwater Junior High School, Brown Intermediate School, Sweetwater Primary School and several local churches for Bible School.
Children can come by SJHS every morning from 8-9:30 a.m. for breakfast, and from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. for lunch, Monday through Friday, until July 19.
The following locations are participating in the program:
- Valley Trailer Park-(lunch) 11-11:20 a.m., Monday-Friday
- Valley View Apartments-(lunch) 11:25-11:45 a.m., Monday-Friday
- Crestview Apartments-(lunch) 11:50 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., Monday-Friday
- Sweetwater Junior High School-(breakfast) 8-9:30 a.m., (lunch) 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Monday-Friday
- Brown Intermediate School-(breakfast) 8-9 a.m., (lunch) 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Monday-Friday
- Sweetwater Primary School-(breakfast) 8-9 a.m., (lunch) 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Monday-Friday
The Summer Food Service Programs will serve meals with milk, meat, fruit, vegetables and bread. All meals and snacks meet USDA nutrition standards. The food is free to children 18 and younger and has to be eaten at the supervised site.
For more information contact Jewell Sledge at 423-337-7051, or at 423-351-3122.