Applications for preschool in Sweetwater City School System will be accepted for the 2019-20 school year in the following manner:
- Call Sweetwater Primary School at 423-351-7004 starting on April 1, to set up a 15-minute appointment to bring your child and information to the school on either May 6 or May 7.
- You will need to bring a birth certificate, social security number, proof of address (piece of mail, like utility bill), and proof of total household income (check stub, W-2, or AFDC case number). If you qualify to attend, proof of school physical and immunizations will need to be furnished in August.
Children are accepted based on:
- Income of the household must meet a table of qualification.
- Children must live in the Sweetwater City Schools District.
- Children must be 4 years of age, by Aug. 15.
School hours for preschool are 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., on the same days the schools are in session. No bus transportation is provided. It is entirely up to the parent to transport your child to and from preschool.
No tuition is charged for enrollment.
For more information, call the school counselor, Mrs. Paiden Pippin, at 423-351-7004, or the preschool supervisor, Mr. Wayne Key, at 423-337-4333.
All who apply will be notified of their enrollment status during the week of May 13.