For more than 18 years, United Way of Monroe County has been coordinating Santa’s Helper to provide a complete Christmas for underprivileged children in the county. United Way of Monroe County will hold signups for this year’s Santa’s Helper on the following dates and locations:
- Monday, Oct. 19, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 695 New Highway 68, Suite A, in Sweetwater;
- Tuesday, Oct. 20, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at 695 New Highway 68, Suite A, in Sweetwater;
- Wednesday, Oct. 21, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. in Madisonville at 119 Pedigo Road, Suite F;
- Thursday, Oct. 22, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Madisonville at 119 Pedigo Road, Suite F.
People are asked to wear a mask and practice social distancing.
Children ages birth through 12th grade qualify. To apply, you must bring the following items:
- Birth certificate of each child you are registering or a Social Security card;
- A photo ID of the parent or legal guardian;
- Legal guardianship papers (if not the parent);
- Proof of income (check stub, food stamp benefits letter, etc.);
- Proof of residency (like a utility bill).
Late applications will not be accepted. For more information, call the United Way office at 423-337-7690.